Monday, February 27, 2012

Easy Peasy!

Last fall our last son left for college.  Gotta say, I took it hard.  I found myself with time on my hands and an empty house.  About a month after the last one left, Don and I were sitting staring at each other one evening and I said, "We are the two most boring people on the planet."   I have sort of found my groove lately.  Photography is taking up the main part of my time, but the one thing that has certainly gone by the wayside is my cooking skills.  I just don't feel like spending all that time in the kitchen making all of that food. Don (the other half of the boring couple) and I have found that we really enjoy eating lighter.

Sometime in the fall I really began focusing on having fresh salads and fruit cups ready for customers in the morning to be eaten at lunch and ready for our customers to grab on their way home from work.
Check out this picture:


That is dinner tonight!  Both plates of salad came out of that one small take out container in the back of the picture.  I added the ham and the cheese and that was dinner.  I had the one on the right and The Donald had the one on the left!  I feel totally satisfied and full.  I had two dishes to wash and we were finished in a flash.

Here is the best part.  The retail sticker on that salad was......(drum roll).....$2.12!  Now remember, I did add the ham and cheese, which we alter the cost.  But if you stop at Cascio's on your way to work and grab a salad, you will have lunch for two days or share with a friend.  You can do that math....can't you? I will help you...that is 1.06 for your lunch!  Oh, and we will give you the dressing.

The fruit cups and salads are doing very well.  But I thought they deserved their own blog.  I love this.  I might be lazy.....or maybe I am just efficient!  Yeah....I will go with that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment