Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day



Today (2-13) was just the beginning.  The Valentine's massacre.....ugh..... I mean holiday has begun.  We started putting chocolate on every strawberry we could find in the store at approximately 7:00 a.m this morning.  Two people dipping and one person boxing and two people waiting on customers and one person attached to the phones.

Every other phone call started like this.......

Me:  "Good morning Cascio's...this is Jodi."
Caller:  (male voice, panicked tone) "Hey I just remembered tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I need something.  You still making those strawberry things with the chocolate?"
Me:  "Yes we are."
Caller:  "Well I gotta get something or I am in big trouble. I better get two dozen just to be sure."
Me:  "Okay, sir.  How soon did you want to pick those up?"
Caller: "I am in your parking lot."

Tomorrow is the actual holiday.  Most men will wake up and their wives will present them with a lovely card at breakfast.....I can only imagine the panic that will ensure about 8 a.m. tomorrow morning.

In case I am too tired to type this tomorrow.......Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

  1. retailers sacrifice to make holidays bright for others. Your reward is waiting.

    ReplyDelete