Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fresh Spinach Dip

I love spinach dip but not a fan of the spinach that is frozen and consequentially becomes like seaweed. Yuck.  I found this recipe and thought it sounded fantastic. I have not tried it yet, but since we are getting ready for New Year's Eve parties I thought I would pass it along.  



Fresh Spinach Dip



Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) container sour cream 
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese 
10 oz fresh spinach, washed and drained very well and shredded into smaller pieces
1 (8 oz) envelope dry Onion Soup Mix*
1/2 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together, adding spinach very last. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I found that it tastes best if you add make it a couple of hours ahead and let the flavors combine. This tastes great with vegetables and crackers.

*Don't have an onion soup mix on hand? You can also use these spices in place of the soup mix:
1 tsp dried onion flakes
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp black papper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)

Recipe credit: http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

1 comment: