Friday, October 7, 2011

Ahhh....Breakfast


The Belgium waffle in this picture is one I made.  Okay, so maybe it is a bit weird that I photograph my breakfast but my idiosyncrasies will have to be saved for a whole other blog, back to the point....I did make that waffle and I did cut up the fresh fruit and make a syrup to go on top of the waffle and since I was photographing it I added the whipped creme...whew!  (If you are reading this blog for grammar and punctuation (my mother!) then I am sure that sentence is full of fun.)  Okay, seriously back to my point...I remember the day I made these, it was a snow day.  Mother Nature had dumped a boatload of snow on Somerset County and school was cancelled.  We were going to head out and snowshoe but before we left a hearty breakfast was in order.  Luckily, I had all of the ingredients on hand.  At Cascio's we carry an outstanding pancake mix that also makes perfect waffles.  


Personally, I am a huge fan of all of the Stonewall Kitchen products, but their Pancake and Waffle mix is the best!  We just got another shipment of this product and found out that the company expanded on this line and added many new flavors including a Gluten-Free version.  I am eager to try the Pumpkin variety.  All I know is that the product makes outstanding Belgium Waffles and pancakes if you don't own a waffle maker.  



I almost forgot!  If you make waffles or pancakes you must have pure Somerset County syrup.  We've got that too.  Throw in a pot of coffee, may I suggest Pumpkin Spice at this time of year, and you have probably the best breakfast - EVER!   





1 comment:

  1. I love pretty much all of the Stonewall Kitchen products. I'm not much of a pancake eater, but their mixes are wonderful. Those are about the only pancakes I eat. The Maine Blueberry Jam is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete