Wednesday, October 19, 2011

PB2 - Yep, it IS really good. Who knew?




A few months back Diane Weimer who works for us came to me and asked me if we could order this PB2 product.  Now Diane is a nutrition and health nut.  She is dedicated to exercise and healthy eating.  If you have questions about nutrition and you come into Cascio's, look her up.  She can guide you through our organic grains and products like a real expert.  Well she started to explain to me about PB2 and encouraged me to stock it.  To say I was skeptical about what we began to call "peanut butter dust" is an understatement, but Di pressed on in her campaign to stock this product.  I gave her my usual line that if it didn't sell did she realize that her Christmas bonus would be "peanut butter dust?"  She said I was wrong, (she loves to say that) she was right, and we should get some.  

I went to the company website and found this information:



PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
It's what's not in PB2 that makes it so good for you. For starters, our special process removes 85% of the fat calories without the chemicals typically used in producing reduced fat foods. Something else you won't find in PB2 is preservatives. What you will find is natural roasted peanut flavor that's also available in a rich chocolate variety.




We decided to go forward with ordering the product and placed just a very basic first time order.  Now I want you to imagine how much Diane gloated (yes, gloated is the correct word) when the entire shipment was gone the very first day we received it.  All of it.  Gone.  By 5:00.  I am not kidding.  We had mixed some up and sampled the product and when we told our  customers it had only 45 calories to two tablespoons as opposed to regular peanut butter which has 190 calories to two tablespoons and (here is the best part) it tasted really good, the product literally flew out the door.

So we have been ordering and selling, and reordering and selling, and upping the order and selling this product like crazy!  One of our best client bases for PB2 are folks who are following the Weight Watchers diet.  I can't tell you exactly how many points it is, but I can tell you they buy it like crazy.

Try the product sprinkled on yogurt, mix some into a smoothie, or just enjoy good old fashioned peanut butter and celery.  But the best part is you are saving a boatload of calories and fat! 

Oh, and did I show you this:


Yep, it comes in chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment