Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Good Golly Grapes!



Holiday seedless grapes are back in stock!  Believe me when I tell you that these babies deserve their very own blog post.  

Every fall we would get lots of grapes, as this is grape season, and they would be amazing.  Red Globe, Muscatel, and lots of other juicy varieties.......but.........alas........(tears forming in the eyes)...they had seeds.  Now give a grape to any two year old and they will happily shovel them into their mouth by the handful, until they bite into that tiny seed hidden in the middle.  They will immediately begin to spit them out as fast as they shoveled them in.  I was that two year old.  This issue drove Don nuts!  He would come back from the market brimming with excitement over all of the delicious varieties of grapes and all would be rosy until I asked the inevitable question, "do they have seeds?"  The delight was immediately extinguished.  

He would promptly start extolling the virtues of these grapes, "they are sweet", "they are juicy", then it would get ugly, "you are being a big baby, just try them".  I tried cutting them in half and digging out the  offending tiny (yes, I will admit, tiny) seed.  This seemed to irritate him further.  Could our marriage really be affected by grapes with seeds?  It appeared as if the answer might be yes.  

Then one day, Don practically bolted out of the truck and raced to find me.  "Guess what I found!"  I knew it was grape season and I knew it was time for our epic battle to ensue, but I played along..."what?" (Yes, I said it with a very wary voice.)  "Red Globe grapes that are seedless!"  I honestly thought he was trying to pull a fast one on me.  But then I popped one of those huge babies in my mouth and chewed carefully......no seed(?)... really no seed(?!).....NO SEEDS!  I was elated as he was.  A grape I could honestly endorse, and enjoy, and did I mention it didn't have any seeds? 

So for about the last two years we have stocked the Holiday Seedless Grapes.  Natures joy, the salvation of my marriage and one of the hands down best products we stock all year.  Oh, and did I mention they don't have seeds!  

No comments:

Post a Comment