Friday, October 21, 2011

Apple Butter Muffins


I posted the Cascio's Apple Butter Bread recipe on this blog a few posts ago, and I mentioned in that post that the recipe lent itself very nicely to Apple Butter Muffins.  Carol Stoy has worked for us for the last few months and Carol has become one of our most active bakers.  Carol took the recipe and she absolutely improved it by adding her own streusel topping to the muffins.  This is the weekend we have debuted them in the store and the response has been outstanding!  They are terrific!  

If you search through the past blog posts you will find the link to the original recipe.  The topping is Carol's own and is not on that recipe. I will tell you that many of our customers will confirm that it is important that you use Cascio's Apple Butter, using other types of apple butter will affect the outcome of the recipe. I think it is because there is no added sugar in our apple butter, just the right mix of apples, cider and spices.  I know it sounds like I am just pushing hard to sell our apple butter (and of course I am) but I don't want you to be disappointed in your finished product.

If you are like me and not an outstanding baker, then just stop and grab Carol's.  There are still some in the store as we asked her to make a lot of them.  Grab a bag of Pumpkin Spice Coffee while you are there and start your morning with a bang....or a muffin. Enjoy!

1 comment: