Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snow! You kiddin' me? (Tomato, Onion, Gorgonzola Salad)


As I type this it is October 28, 2011.  The picture you are looking at has been taken at 11 a.m. on a Saturday morning.  Somerset County is getting their first blast of winter.  I can hardly believe it.  But take a look at that table, I am guessing we already have about 6 inches of snow piled up.  I know for me personally one of the worst times I was ever out in bad weather was on a November 14th about 27 years ago. I remember the date as it was my brother's birthday.  My husband was a groomsman in his cousin's wedding in Pittsburgh.  We had to drive downtown to attend a rehearsal.  We never made it. It was snowing and blowing so hard we just couldn't get there, but we spent many unpleasant hours on the PA turnpike.  Interestingly, the next day (wedding day) the weather was fine and not a flake of snow in sight. I am thinking that is how this one will go too.  In the meantime, tonight is trick-or-treat.  How many goblins and ghosts will make their way to my front stoop........and do I need to shovel them a path for them to get here?

I am sharing with you a recipe from a very good customer.  She was kind enough to give me the recipe and a photograph of her own dish.  Sincere thanks to Kami Hearn.   I have to admit that I have not personally made this salad yet, but I will be making it some time this week, it looks amazing.  Thanks Kami for sharing.  I encourage any of the readers of this blog who have recipes they love to share them with me.  A picture also helps so much.  Enjoy! 




Tomato, Onion Gorgonzola Salad

Garden Medley tomato's or grape, cherry (any kind works) sliced or cut in quarters
1 tbsp red wine or balsalmic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
Crumbled gorganzola cheese to taste
1 tsp dryed basil
Salt & pepper
A few slivers of a sweet onion

1 comment: